☰ Menu

working for yourself as self employed

If you work for yourself in the UK, or set up your own business in the UK, you are 'self-employed'. You must register with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and pay your own tax and National Insurance. To register with HMRC, you first need to have a National Insurance number.