☰ Menu

Universal Credit and going abroad

Many of you ask us if you can go abroad and the same time recieve Universal Credit. Some of you ask if you can go up to 4 weeks or even up to 4 months or longer while you receive medical treatment. We are pleased to provide you information about this topic. If you want to find out please click to open and read the letter from DWP.

Food banks

More and more people in the United Kingdom use food banks. On the one hand, it shows the ever widening gap between the rich and the poor, on the other, the solidarity of common people, who want to help others, the ones in need.

The benefits of applying for Permanent Residence as an EEA National after UK’s referendum on EU membership!

As the political decision on Britain’s membership of the European Union and immigration continues to be hotly debated, free movement rights of European migrants are being placed at risk. If you need our support to complete forms please contact us on 03000 075 0105, 07868723419 or e-mail us at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Legal and benefits advice

Diversity Voice offers a range of advice to migrants including benefits advice, Social Housing advice, Habitual Residency Test (HRT) support and Right to Reside (R2R) help.

Our website: http://www.diversityvoice.com/en/information/legal-advice.html contains information and links to downloadable useful forms for non UK nationals and benefits forms.

Why do we need British passport and how to get one?

Situation forces us to realize that nothing about us without us. We do not have political rights to vote in 23 June 2016 for Brexit referendum. What is more we do not have rights to decide about issues related to us in a country we live for a long time. Without political rights we have to be aware no one will claim for our minority.

Child car seats: the law

The law requires all children travelling in the front or rear seat of any car, van or goods vehicle must use the correct child car seat. Here are some rules covering using a child car seat or booster seat and also when the child can travel without a car seat.

New rules about tobacco, e-cigarettes and smoking: 1 October 2015

Legal changes come into force on 1st October 2015, regarding the sale and buying of e-cigarettes as well as introducing new rules about smoking in private vehicles.

The Warm Home Discount Scheme

For winter 2015 to 2016, you could get £140 off your electricity bill through the Warm Home Discount Scheme. The money isn't paid to you - it's a one-off discount on your electricity bill, usually between September and March.

Truth, Lies and Benefits

"Truth, Lies and Benefits" is the theme of a public meeting to be held in Yeovil this Saturday, 18 April. Three local people will address the meeting with their personal accounts of how the benefits system has treated them.

Social housing rights

Who is eligible to apply for council housing?

Not everyone living in the UK can apply for council housing. You may not be eligible to apply if you are a citizen of another country or even if you are a British citizen who has been living abroad. New rules mean that councils can decide who they accept onto the waiting list in their area, but a council can't accept you if you are not eligible for housing. Find out if you are eligible.