☰ Menu

Funeral Payments

You could get a Funeral Payment if you are on a low income and need help to pay for a funeral.

Help with health costs

Depending on your age and income, you may be entitled to help with costs for services provided by Health and Social Services.

Guardian's Allowance

You could get Guardian’s Allowance if you’re bringing up a child whose parents have died. You The Guardian’s Allowance rate is £15.90 a week. You get it on top of Child Benefit and it’s tax-free.

Housing Benefit

If you are on a low income, you could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent.

Income Support

To qualify for Income Support you must be between 16 and Pension Credit qualifying age; pregnant, or a carer, or a lone parent with a child under 5 or, unable to work because you’re sick or disabled; you have no income or a low income; working less than 16 hours a week (and your partner works no more than 24 hours a week).

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit

You might get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) if you’re ill or disabled from an accident or disease caused by work; while you were on an approved employment training scheme or course.

Jobseeker's Allowance

Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) is to help you while you look for work.

Junior Individual Savings Accounts (ISA)

Junior ISAs are long term, tax-free savings accounts for children who are under 18, live in the UK and were not entitled to a Child Trust Fund (CTF) account. Only parents or a guardian with parental responsibility can open a Junior ISA for under 16s.

Legal Aid

Legal aid can help you pay for legal advice, family mediation and representation in court and some tribunals. This could include help for housing, debt, family or education problems.

Maternity Allowance

Maternity Allowance can be paid to women who are not entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay.

Currency exchange rates

Reference: British Pound (GBP)
Symbol Currency Rate
EUR Euro 1.14
USD American dollar 1.33
BGN Bulgarian Lev 2.23
CZK Czech Koruna 29.43
DKK Danish Krone 8.51
HUF Hungarian Forint 365.43
PLN Polish Zloty 4.92
RON Romanian New Leu 5.29
SEK Swedish Krona 11.64
CHF Swiss Franc 1.32
NOK Norwegian Krone 10.84
HRK Croatian Kune 8.44
RUB Russian Ruble 82.81
Source: European Central Bank, 22.06.2018

Diversity Voice TV