☰ Menu

New changes to R2R and HRT

Habitual Residency Test

If you come to the UK from abroad and want to claim certain benefits, you must meet the conditions of the habitual residence test. You will be asked a series of questions to make sure that if you're planning to claim benefits, you've a legal right to be in the UK and that you're intending to settle here for the time being.

Useful application forms

List of useful application forms

Useful forms for claiming benefits

List of useful forms for claiming benefits

Attendance Allowance

Attendance Allowance is payable if you have care needs and you are over 65 and have some problems with personal care due to physically or mentally disabilities.

Bereavement Allowance

 You can be paid if you are aged between 45 and state pension age when your spouse or civil partner passes away. The amount you may receive depends on the overall level of your partner or civil partner’s National Insurance contributions but also it is depends on your age.

Bereavement Payment

If your husband, wife or civil partner has died you may be able to get Bereavement Payment.

Blue Badge Scheme

The Blue Badge scheme helps those with severe mobility problems who have difficulty using public transport to park close to where they need to go.

Budgeting Loans

You could get a Budgeting Loan to help pay for essential things like rent, furniture, clothes or hire purchase debts.

Carer's Allowance

Carer’s Allowance is a benefit paid to someone who provides care for another person for at least 35 hours per week.

Child Benefit

You get Child Benefit if you’re responsible for a child under 16. It can also be paid until the child is 20 if they are in education or some kinds of training.